The Benefits of Drinking Water in the Morning
Water is one of the fastest and cheapest methods of maintaining our total body health yet experts estimate that 75% of Americans are “chronically dehydrated” – a condition that is 100% preventable!
Drinking water in the morning, first and foremost, sets a good habit for the rest of your day. When you first wake up, your body has been without hydration for all the hours you’ve been asleep.
Providing necessary fluids immediately upon waking will jump start your body functions – circulation, respiration, brain function and digestion – all of which require the life-sustaining power of water.
Top 5 Reasons to Drink Water in the Morning:
1. Digestive Health: Flush toxins from your stomach, liver, bowels and kidneys by giving your body water first thing. By drinking water in the morning you lower the accumulation of gastric acid in your stomach that can lead to heartburn (especially if you’re a coffee drinker).
Water minimizes uric acid in the kidneys and promotes bile production in the liver – preventing kidney stones and gall stones before they start. Too much uric acid in the blood can also lead to gout.
Staying properly hydrated also keeps your stools from hardening which avoids constipation while ensuring regular evacuation of the toxic matter in your bowels.
2. Heart Health: Another side effect of uric acid build up is it causes platelets in your blood to accumulate plaque on your arterial walls. Atherosclerosis is one of the primary causes of heart attack since the plaque buildup reduces blood flow to the heart.
Water not only flushes the excess uric acid, it also lowers sodium content (another bio marker of heart disease) of the blood through urination and sweating which helps to lower blood pressure.
3. Weight Control: Your body can’t always tell the difference between hunger and thirst. By increasing hydration, you not only give your body what it needs in fluids, you also feel more full and tend to eat less.
A study out of Virginia Tech confirmed that participants who drank two glasses of water before a meal consumed almost 100 calories less than those who didn’t.
They were also more successful at keeping the weight off and some continued to lose weight the year following the study.
4. Increased Energy and Metabolism: By staying hydrated, your body runs more efficiently. Blood production and flow is better, nutrients are broken down more effectively and both fuel and oxygen get to your cells faster.
Giving your kidneys enough water lets your liver do its job (converting food to fuel) better without having to take up the kidneys’ slack. Your liver health is crucial to keeping your metabolism active and regulated.
5. Disease Prevention: According to the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, dehydration worsens existing diseases such as asthma, heart disease, dental disease, diabetes and glaucoma. It is even considered a contributing factor to prolonged labor and urinary tract problems. Severe dehydration can lead to organ failure in the brain, heart or kidneys and causes the skin to look older and more sunken.
Listen to your body: once you feel ‘thirsty’ you are already dehydrated.
The Mayo Clinic suggests men should be drinking no less than 100 ounces each day while women should be drinking no less than 72 ounces each day. However, if you live in a dry or hot climate, work outside or exercise regularly…your body likely needs even more. This is also true if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or ill with vomiting and/or diarrhea.
Find out how drinking water in the morning can even wash away disease and purify your body’s internal system. It will give you the energy you need to focus on the rest of your day while providing your body with the most underappreciated nutrient every cell requires.
Start with two glasses in the morning and keep hydrating throughout the day for optimum health. Your system will breathe a sigh of refreshing relief.
Incoming search terms:
- benefits of drinking water in the morning (164)
- benefit of drinking water in the morning (29)
- Benefits of drinking water first thing in the morning (20)
- drinking water in the morning benefits (19)
- water in the morning benefits (14)
- health benefits of drinking water in the morning (13)
- drinking water in the morning (12)
- drinking water first thing in the morning benefits (11)
- advantages of drinking water in the morning (9)
- benefits of water in the morning (7)
Love or Hate this Article?
Either Way, Do These 2 Things Right Now!